9.14.2007

Photoblogging Friday 9.14.07

I must confess that these photo posts are growing increasingly difficult to make. Not for lack of content, but I started doing them in order to force myself to shoot more pictures. And I haven't been doing that. In fact, it's become a pain in the ass to find something to post because I'm tired of looking at the same old shit.

Regardless, we soldier on. I need to validate the moniker I've given myself, after all. This is from a headshot session in 2004. We were out on a residential street, the corner of which was functioning as a repository for recently discarded bathroom fixtures. I couldn't resist taking a shot of the debris:

Public washroom

Abandoned Sink

And then it was over and we went back to shooting the client. And this is still my favorite picture out of all of them.

I was always better at the still life than people life. Mainly because objects don't move. Or get crabby. Or argue with me about what the shot should look like.

That's the least fun part of shooting people. But at the end of the day, I do own their souls.

There's always an upside.

5 comments:

exile said...

a tree sink...

well, it's a very nice tree sink

nicest one i've ever seen infact, hehehe

Cowboy said...

A nice juxtaposition of modern necessity and nature. Very naz.

Anonymous said...

that looks like a nice sink, why would someone put a sink like that between two trees?? was there a toilet in the bush?
maybe a shower in the middle of the yard?? unless they were smart and put it in the back of the house outside like us, so nobody had to see their nakedness.

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Hope that wasn't during a photo shoot with me! I don't remember coming upon any sinks, but then, I was drinkin'. :)

On another note, "Does a bathroom sink have a soul?" Hmm, must think on this one and get back to you.