9.17.2007

Growing Up is Hard to Do

This post is unfinished. I can tell you that right from the outset.

It's because my thoughts are seriously jumbled. I should be at the gym. I should be working out my exhaustion. Instead, I'm sitting in front of my computer trying to make sense of my life.

(And waiting for my toes to dry. I have a party to go to tomorrow night. I'll be wearing open-toed shoes. I need pretty toes.)

I've accomplished a lot more than I thought I would by now. It shouldn't surprise me, but just last summer I was unemployed and feeling worthless. And now tomorrow marks one full year at my current job, where I quickly rose up to manage the day-to-day operations of an entire department.

Talk about coming full circle. When did that all happen?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Probably because I'm not completely comfortable with where I'm at in life. Either professionally or personally.

And that's about all the introspection I'm going to allow myself tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you mean there is hope even for me?

David N. Scott said...

Yea, I know whatya mean. THe B.S. comes online in two weeks, but... I don't know how to do anything. Or I think so sometimes.

The littlest Princess said...

I was just thinking about how hard it is to grow up the other day. I realized how hard it is to maintain relationships with people that you don't talk to on a daily basis or that you just don't see very often, and then there is all the added responsibility of keeping house, your job, and relationships. Being and adult sucks on so many levels. But at the same time it's a good thing