9.19.2007

10 Points When Lit

Today I felt like a pinball. It was just meeting after meeting after meeting. I didn't sit in my office for more than 30 minutes at any point during the day.

There was the 8 am at the office, a 9:30 in the Historic Core, noon on the westside, 2 pm back downtown, and then a 4:30 at the LA Athletic Club. It was a grand total of something like 35 miles driven to meetings alone.

At one point, I actually ran into the bookcase in my office. Me = human pinball.

At another point I found a Blackberry sitting on my desk. It's not a sexy one. It looks like a brick. And it isn't forwarding my emails so it's just as worthless as one right now too.

But at no point during the day did I have to pay for a meal. Including that steak for lunch, lobster for dinner, and creme brule for dessert.

It's really great to having friends in catering.

Not so great being too important to take a fucking break. But what can you do?

2 comments:

Cowboy said...

Nice analogy - I feel like a glass pinball these days. I'm good for about 3 hits and I'm done.

exile said...

well, the good thing about being a pinball is at least you get paddles then you score!