9.10.2007

Overheard in the Family #8

My cousins and their kids came over to see the new baby. While we waited for him and his parents to arrive, we looked at pictures of his first day on my dad's laptop.

During all the oohing and aahing, my cousin Richardo says to me:

R: So are you feeling the pressure to deliver one?
GPG: Hell no. But Big Fish really wants me to have one. He said he wants me to feel the same type of life fulfillment that he's feeling from having children.
R: *deep belly laugh* Oh really?
GPG: Yeah! So I told him I'm not having children just so HE can feel fulfilled. That's bullshit.
R: I think you're going to surprise us all one day.
GPG: Don't hold your breath.
R: Except you'll be coming in saying you don't know who the father is.

My mouth dropped open as the rest of the adults (including both my parents!) cracked up.

That was so not nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You're right, that wasn't nice... but it was REALLY funny!!

David N. Scott said...

HAH!

Best one liner I've read in a while.

exile said...

that's so wrong...

we all know that you have people sign the guest book on your headboard, hehehe

The littlest Princess said...

aww that really wasn't nice, but it was funny, I would have been really hurt had someone in my family said something like that to me.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I too thought it was hysterical. The irony being that I'm a one-man woman these days.

With absolutely no plans to get pregnant anytime soon. Thanks!