5.28.2007

Overheard at the Krazy BBQ

'Tis the weekend for memorializing via grilled meat. Which I did twice. First at my birthday spicnic (so called because it's a bunch of hispanics in the park, like you needed that explained), then today at Chez Krazy.

On the invite list: me, the Princess, her Rock Star, the Lead Singer of
his band, and that guy's Model Girlfriend. Imagine all of us wearing mom jeans in suburbia and playing Wii.

Not.

Well, we did mess around creating
Jordin Sparks lookalikes on the Wii and then ate copious quantities of chicken before a deathmatch air hockey tournament. Some of the highlights:

As I arrived, the Krazy Daddy met me outside his garage, and we walked in the side door.

KD: Hey KM, look what I brought home! I found a brown person wandering around suburbia!
GPG: And he let me come in the back!

***
Krazy Daddy vs. The Rock Star at air hockey

Rock Star: KD is serious about this game. *puck flies into his hand*
RS: Ouch! Damn, watch my fingers.
GPG: He kind of needs that hand.
RS: Or else we won't get a gold record.
Krazy Daddy: Why not shoot for platinum?
RS: I'm trying to remain realistic.

***

Krazy Mommy: Who wants cherry pie for desert?
Lead Singer: *to the Rock Star* OH! I totally forgot to tell you!! There's a teeny tiny chance we might get to open for Warrant!!
Krazy Daddy: Oh, we partied with them in Aspen.
GPG: *to the Princess* Look at the world they live in, and the world we live in. Aspen? Shit.

***

KD: Where's our daughter?
KM: Inside watching The Little Mermaid.
GPG: You left her in there alone with a rock star and a model? She's going to end up with a heroin habit.*

***

KM: It's our youngest daughter we have to worry about. She's the one with Bitch Potential.
KD: She takes after my wife.
KM: You're a W-A-N-K-E-R!

(There was a child in the room, hence the spelling.)

***

Princess: And they have fart wars on the road.
GPG: Ew, why are boys so gross?
Model: Not all boys.
Lead Singer: Yeah, I don't do it. And that's why I have my own room in the back.
GPG: No that's because you're a prima donna.
LS: Yeah.

***

The Krazy's eldest daughter is almost 4. She came over and whispered something I didn't quite get.

GPG: Thanks, sweetie. *to KM* What did she say?
KM: I love your stinky face.
GPG: Oh, I heard sexy face.
KM: Yeah, because my kids go around all day singing "I'm too sexy for my toys!"

They might. While I was outside on the phone, the KM came out and flashed me her boobies. Then she and the Princess did the can-can.

I love my friends.



*None of these people actually engage in nefarious drug use. They're not exactly towing the stereotypical model/rock star line. Such disappointments.

3 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

And this is why we are all so awesome, even if the rockstar and his band don't behave like real rockstars.

Anonymous said...

I was there for all this, and I still found it funny the second time around- we are hysterious!!!

on a side note* the first 3 letters of the word verification below are std

LB said...

I love your friends too!! I wish my friends were this funny...maybe they are, I just don't remember any funny shit we say.

I need to do some "over heards" soon...