2.28.2007

Success

Is:

  • abusing the borrowed V6 engine to make it to work in 30 minutes (instead of 45)
  • having a hotel adjust to a sudden 100 extra seats in an already overcrowded luncheon...2 hours before go-time
  • said luncheon going off without a hitch
  • 100 senior judicial officers falling in line and liking it
  • a US Marshal daring me to touch his gun
  • having a 9-member team making you look like a fucking rock star to a group of 350 of the top litigators in all of California
  • receiving repeated thanks for pulling off the "best program in 10 years"
  • spending the rest of the afternoon doing not a fucking thing
  • leaving the office at 6 pm
  • turning the tables and treating my older brother to the perks of the job
  • having said brother view you not as his younger sister, but as an adult and a damn good negotiator in a room full of hoteliers
  • getting another hotel to agree to a budget way below their typical minimums
  • enjoying a basketball game from a 50-person skybox at Staples Center, replete with free drinks and dinner
  • running into a childhood friend in said luxury suite
  • the Clippers winning 96 to 91 over Seattle
  • being able to stand upright, without your back protesting like a bratty child
An entire month of sleepless nights, 60-hour weeks, weekends completely subjugated to professional deadlines, and stress so bad it wrecked my body finally coalesced into a very, very, VERY good day.

You'll excuse my immodesty. Because I worked too damn hard to make today happen. Today, when it was a pleasure, a privilege, and an outstanding feeling to be me.

I kick ass. And now everyone knows it.

8 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

YAY FOR GPG!!!!!!!!!!! Yes you kick ass and yes we all love you so there :P Now I hope you get some rest and relaxation before you have to show off again :)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so awesome!
I am so proud of my best friend!
so who did you run into??

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

The internets just ate my comment. Asshole internets.

I just reread this entry. Wow, I'm retarded. I really shouldn't blog--or comment--when I'm drunk. I makes no senses.

Glad you two understood it, though.

Anonymous said...

You are so cool...you don't even know.

neil said...

well done GPG...

Cowboy said...

Hard workers shall inherit the earth. Sick days are for seesies.

DrinkJack said...

Of course you kick ass...I could have told them that long ago.

Congratulations on earning your weight in gold to some really lucky company.

David N. Scott said...

Awesome and congrats and stuff.