2.15.2007

Photoblogging Friday 2.16.07

Two years ago, when I first started shooting my 44 Women project, the Cat-roo-key and I spent a whirlwind of a weekend traveling just so I could keep my project "authentic.' In three days we hit Reno, Seattle and San Francisco.

It was quite an adventure.

Even though we only spent 5 hours in Seattle, we still managed to come away with a lifetime's worth of stories. And nipple rings. But also this picture from somewhere in the Pike Place Market:

Out the window

Hello, little people.

Until sometime today, I had completely forgotten about this picture. I like it, but I don't know why exactly.


Maybe somebody can explain it to me.

5 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

Strong perspective lines lead the eye deep into the photo and down, following the stepping windows and re-enforced by the repetition of the street lights. Even the lower frame of the window points us to the lower centre and the couple in the foreground are walking in that direction. At the focal point is a lone figure with a pack walking not only perpendicular to the lines but also uphill. While the couple stroll down hill, toward the focal point (perhaps the comfortable route), the lone figure trudges uphill for reasons of his own. The arched sign frames him from above and emphasises his contrary movement.

I like it too.

The littlest Princess said...

I think you like it because it looks like you discovered a secret place that very few people know about. But then again being a princess I'd think I found my own magical kingdom :). Or it could be for all the technical stuff. It is a very, awesome picture.

Anonymous said...

I love your photos. Not only are they always interesting, but it also means it's Friday! I would throw in my two cents, but then I would just be reiterating way skookumjoe said already. :)

Roonie said...

I have a fascination with the daylight that emerges between structures, too. I think it's the contrast of man v. nature, encapsulated in a three-paneled sliverish photo.

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Well, it's cool to me, because I used to work at the theater just below in that alley, doing lots and lots of improv. I miss The Market Theater!