6.21.2006

The Summer Reading List


I just got home from the library, which is a place I love. I'm a communist that way. I don't own many books (or movies for that matter) because once I read (or watch) them, then what? I have limited storage space. As much as I would love to be one of those people with all the right books gathering dust in the corner...actually no, I prefer my corners dust-free.

Hence, the library. I went in to pick up some Ellroy, who I also adore (American Tabloid is a great read for a history dork like me), but couldn't find the one I wanted. So I wandered the aisles, getting lost in the colorful book jackets and quirky titles.

And since it's the first day of summer, here is the list as it stands now:

- Colors Insulting to Nature by Cintra Wilson
- A Massive Swelling: Celebrity Re-examined as a Grotesque Crippling Disease and Other Cultural Revelations also by Cintra Wilson
- The Execution by Hugo Wilcken
- The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson

I apparently spent all my time in the Ws.

I'll devour these much too quickly. Any suggestions once I'm done?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

read crap !!!!!!!!!! its fun, instead of feeding your brain, just let it go into someone else's crazyiness. I personally love Janet Evanovich, the Stephanie Plum series. It's up to #12 now, I just bought 11 at costco today in paperback for $4. Because unlike you, I hate going to the library and I don't even remember the last time I had a library card. It could have been in SM, but even worse it might have been when I lived in that place on the other side of town that we grew up in.
OK I am rambling. Anyway check out the books for fun, easy reading, there is even a little hot sex thrown in there too!

exile said...

the last book i acctually read was the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy...

yeah, i don't think i get to make recomendations.

David N. Scott said...

Haha... you know, you're right. We've got two bookcases and several boxes full of books, and all they do is gather dust after the first and maybe the second reading...

The littlest Princess said...

I'm going to get the next books in our series here soon, when I'm done with those you're more than welcome to them :)

SkookumJoe said...

Ethan Frome -Edith Wharton
On The Road - Jack Kerouac
Art of War - Sun Tzu

anything by Steinbeck