6.03.2006

Los Angeles by Degrees




Fuck it was hot today. And I had to drive all over the damn place. So I tracked the temperature, to pass the time.

8:15 - Mar Vista: 72 degrees. You know it's going to be a hot day when it starts in the 70s on the Westside.

9:30 - Tarzana: 78 degrees. The Santa Susanna mountains are reminiscent of those scorched-earth farming techniques of yore. Scary fire season!

10:15 - Burbank: 94 degrees. I can't believe I lived there all of my life. It was so fucking hot and it wasn't even noon!

11:30 - Cahuenga Pass/Mulholland: 93 degrees. Almost to Hollywood and it's no better than the Valley.

11:45 - Sunset Strip: 91 degrees. In the basin and it's STILL hotter than hell BEFORE noon? Shit.


1:30 - Beverly Hills: 93 degrees. Same as the top of the hill. There is no relief anywhere.

2:30 - Culver City: 89 degrees. The Westside is supposed to be 20 degrees cooler than the Valley, no?

4:30 - Santa Monica: 84 degrees. I still had the AC blasting in my car. The ocean air outside was not helping the situation. Though the shade was nice.

7:30 - Back in Culver City, I could finally drive with my windows down in the frosty 74-degree weather.

Thank god for air-conditioning.

3 comments:

wcdixon said...

How hot was it?

It was so hot...

exile said...

it was so hot hell threatened to send people here

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

We're trying to keep the intruders OUT.

Today is the official start to fire season. Hemet was on fire over the weekend. Lovely!