6.06.2006

Look at Me, I'm Psychic!


I was looking through some notes I made and came across a blog I wrote a while back but never posted. How creepy is this:

I Googled myself today to see if my website had popped up yet. It hasn't, but the 10th listing was a link to my industry's professional oganization's latest newsletter, with my name, company, and phone number listed oh-so-innocently.

That weirded me out a little bit. Then again, my cell phone number has been listed on the internet for years and I have yet to be hassled that way. So I guess I'm okay.

Where the internet is concerned, I have a pretty respectable pedigree. No shame in that. So in the future, should a perspective employer, boyfriend, or stalker feel the need to look me up, at least I have some solid ground to stand on.

Though I wonder how long that link to the Ivy League school is going to exist...

4 days later, I had a stalker. The lesson here: be careful what you joke about.

Sheesh.

2 comments:

exile said...

oh i see

i break in your house
steal your panties
boil them and drink the broth
and suddenly i'm a stalker

you really know how to hurt a guy's feelings

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Oh, was that you?