4.28.2006

You're Just Not That Special


Ever had a day when no matter what went right--like you kicked ass in that presentation you made to an entire team of senior executives, showing them how you're going to come in 30% under budget on a deadline tighter than a bullfrog's ass, thereby disproving the old adage you can't have it cheap, fast AND good--and you're feeling like you're walking on air, and then one little thing goes wrong and it turns your entire world to shit?

Because that was me today.

I've been living in this fairytale world, I admit that. But reality slapped me right across the face and pretty damn hard, so there's no pretending anymore. It's over. What's done is done.

Ugh. Enough with bullshit clichés. At least my girls and rock stars still love me. As will be proven by the copious amounts of alcohol we'll indulge in later.

Training be damned. I ran my 6 miles this week. It's time to unwind.

Work hard, play hard. That's me. And I am special, dammit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are SPECIAL, but inspite of that we love you!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I think the Princess has a yellow xB that she can chauffeur me around in!

The littlest Princess said...

But you told me You wouldn't ride in it or I would have been out to buy it last weekend :(

exile said...

that explains everything except for what the hell you're talking about :oP

exile said...

that explains everything except for what the hell you're talking about :oP

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Just babbling. Hit a roadblock, jumped over it, made lemonades, mixed up some cliches. ;)