4.06.2006

Half-Drunken Thursday

I've just spent the last 3 hours giggling with a bunch of drunken sales people. They were pissy they had to be at an awards dinner, I was happily reaping the benefits of double overtime.

What to do with grumpy people, besides feed them alcohol? Get three guys to masquerade as waiters then turn their singing act into a comedy routine. It wasn't as corny as it sounds. And I got a short little serenade from the cutest of the bunch. Then I had two sales guys promise to celebrate my birthday with me next month properly.

Gourmet food, good wine, laughs with a bunch of coworkers, and praise for co-organizing the whole she-bang?

Some days, I really don't hate my job at all. In fact, on most days, I actually love it.

Even after a full 14 hours.

1 comments:

exile said...

getting paid to get drunk, what a tough life
(are you looking for an assistant?)