4.19.2006

Training Week #2


I was a overly ambitious today. And I wasn't even trying. But somehow I managed to work off more calories than I actually consumed. This after a lunch of nothing but fat and carbs in the form of spinach & artichoke dip. With tortilla chips. And extra cheese. I love cheese. And spinach dip. And tortilla chips.

It was the perfect lunch. Made more so by the perfect companion, a Sailor, who bought it for me. Yay for corporate whores and their fat raises!

So I consumed about 900 calories today, mostly at lunch. Then I went to the gym and worked off almost as many. Um. That's not good, right?

Needless to say, I need food. I'm going to Baja Fresh to indulge in more carbs and fat, with a little itsy bit of chicken for protein.

All that aside, the training is going really well. I ran 2 miles out around my parents' Burbank neighborhood on Sunday before the family hoopla began. Running outside is such a shock to someone who's used to a treadmill. First, there's the concrete. And then there are the hills. And I did all this without a soundtrack. My MP3 player blows, so I'm asking for a new one for my birthday. (Which is only 3 weeks away!! More on that some other day...) I think I actually managed to push myself harder outside than I do at the gym. Not as easy to regulate yourself, despite the heart monitor, pedometer and stopwatch. Go figure.

But I felt pretty damn good after that.

And even though I'm starving, I'm feeling pretty damn good right now too. Tomorrow is another running day, so I know I won't go overboard. That's reserved for non-running days!

I'm babbling. I need food. Mmm, food.

1 comments:

C-Dub said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.