4.25.2006

Training Week #3


All right, I've been hitting the gym religiously for nearly two months. The last three weeks I've been training for the marathon.

And yesteray, I officially became a gym rat.

After all this time, I've got my routine. "My" locker, "my" weights, "my" stretching area. And I don't do well with people infringing on "my" sphere of existence.

I got into the locker room a little late yesterday. Lo and behold, someone I didn't recognize was in my way. She didn't take "my" locker, but she took up "my" bench space with her shit. I was ready to tell this newbie to move it when I realized what had happened.

I'm now one of THOSE people. The ones that love the gym. Can you believe it?

Instead of bitching at the girl, I ran 2 miles, worked my arms till they burned so good, and came home to a nice hot shower. I felt fucking fantastic.

Me, a gym rat. Crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely relate. Get your stinky-ass sports bra off of my bench. Get your stinky-ass towel off of my free weight area. And DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT leave your sweat behind; else (to quote yours truly) I will cut you!

;)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Alexandra! Thanks for the visit. I'm gonna start calling you the Notorious A-X-A. ;)