7.30.2008

Sigalerts for the Soul

What causes traffic on what should otherwise be an empty freeway at 11 pm?  I'll tell you what: asshats.  And also, CalTrans.

The 405 freeway is one of the single most congested piece of road in all of Southern California.  That's because it's the main artery on the entire westside of Los Angeles, and connects everyone to the Republican stronghold behind the Orange Curtain.  This is also known as Irvine.  Which houses an amphitheater at which I saw every single band that mattered between 1995 and 2002, except of course for STP.  It's also where the 405 dies and merges back into the main interstate. 

All that to say that in west LA, where the 10 and 405 make babies, there shouldn't be any fucking traffic in the middle of the goddamn night.  Except that there was.  Tonight.  Because of construction.  Which sucked.  And that's the only reason I'm still up at midnight when I should be in bed because I have another late night tomorrow with a man I adore and another that is my ex-pretend boyfriend.  Maybe one day, or night, when I'm not so irritated, I'll fill you in on what that means.  Otherwise, you can meet me at the House of Blues tomorrow and all will be well.

0 comments: