7.28.2008

On the Tip of My Brain

At the gym the other day I half-heard a song over the whirring of the treadmills that I remembered liking when it was a hit.  It's a 90s song and the band sounds like something between Big Audio Dynamite and SR-71, or between The Toadies and Tripping Daisy.  With a nasally kind of lead singer...I spent a good amount of time going through the KROQ 90s list and listening to a bunch of songs on iTunes, but I gots nothing.

The one line I remember clearly is "I can't live without her."  That's it.  I know for damn sure it's not Beer by Reel Big Fish, though that's what Google wants me to believe.

It's really upbeat.  I thought the line before it was "she don't think she needs me," but Google doesn't like that either.  So help a girl out.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

6 comments:

Karen said...

I googled too, but all I came up with was some country song.

Anonymous said...

"Hey Leonardo (she likes me for me)" by Blessed Union of Souls?

Of you can go to Letssingit.com and try it that way .

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Anon: That's it!!! Man, I love my readers. Thanks for coming through. You guys are the raddest.

Jeen Yes said...

lead singer of blessed union rented a townhome next to my friend back in cincy. cool guy, great songs, though "leonardo" wasn't really one of them.

Jeen Yes said...

wait, wait, wait. did you REALLY just compare blessed union of souls to the toadies?!?!?!? as the western region representative of the '90s, i'm going to have to ask that you hand in your '90s music fan card.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

In my defense, they both sound pretty flimsy. And after 48 hours of research, all I was going for was a sissy-sounding lead singer. Which, lets face it, they BOTH provide.

The fucked up part is that after listening to it all the way through just twice, I'm totally over it. Glad I wasted 99 cents on that.