7.29.2008

As the World Shakes

My boss and I were in the middle of a serious discussion about candidates we were considering hiring when all of a sudden it sounded like really fat people were walking on the floor above us.  Then things started falling off the walls.  That's when it was time to get in the doorway. 

Earthquakes are always fun.  My flawed philosophy is that each little one staves off the "big one" that much longer.  They release the tension and keep it from building up and turning California into an island.

It was really funny watching the people who had never experienced one get that panic-stricken look trying to figure out what to do.  Us natives forget that they didn't grow up learning to get under their desks in those drills at school. 

It was rad that it happened just before lunch.  Even radder that my catered luncheon showed up right on time as if nothing had happened.  I just wish someone else could have cleaned up my office for me.  Damn earthquake, messing up my feng shui!

1 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

i experienced a 6.0+ in acapulco on spring break. we were on the 8th floor of our hotel, and i just sat there watching tv while my friends made a bee line for the door, hoping to get out of the building. it was funny. i hope you don't have the big one any time soon. well, at least not THAT big one. ;) though i think the island of california has a nice ring to it.