7.27.2008

Overheard in the Family #18

This weekend was my nephew's first birthday party.  The little cousins ranging in ages from 7 months to 9 years gathered to celebrate.  My pregnant cousin's four year old angel of a son had this to say to the daddy of the birthday boy (retold to me later):

Angel: So when are you going to give him a sister?

Baby Brother: Um, not for a long time.

Angel: I'm going to have one soon.  When she gets here I can sell her to you.  I'm not going to want her around.  All she's going to do is cry.

I fell over laughing when I heard this.  He's four year's old!  And already trying to get rid of his unborn sibling.  Wow.

1 comments:

Karen said...

When I was pregnant my son would actually prayed for a sister. (Because a girl wouldn't want to mess with his toys.)