7.13.2008

The Lights Are On...?

I was most disgusted with the human public today. Because the human public is STUPID.  Case in point:

I hurt my back.  Again.  I decided it best to swim a few laps at my gym.  The problem was that I didn't know if there were any aqua classes or lazing hordes of old people to avoid.  So I called.

The girl on the phone just could not tell me when the busiest/slowest pool times were.  I had to ask her three different ways.  I even made a comparison to the other gym I used to go to on the westside, telling her that the old people would gather in the mornings, but by mid-afternoon I could usually get a decent, unobstructed swim up and down a lane.  She told me all about the depth of the pool, the number of lanes, how there was a jaccuzi, and how they didn't have any water classes, but if I wanted one, I should contact such-and-such and tell them.

Finally, she said she had to get a fitness instructor because she didn't check the pool, despite the fact that it has a glass wall that she looked through to tell me that there were currently people swimming.  I waited about 30 seconds before considering hanging up, then the instructor got on.  She sounded equally as bright as the first girl.

When I asked her what the peak time for pool activity was, she answered with "what do you mean?"  My bad for using words that are too big for her little brain.  I was finally able to get that 11-3 were the slowest times over the weekend.  That only took about 6 minutes of my morning.

I tried again as I was leaving the gym, hoping it was a different girl at the front than the one who answered the phone.  No such luck.  She tried to get me to contact the same such-and-such to get classes added.  I kept repeating that I didn't want classes, I wanted to just be able to swim whenever the gym was open.  She finally got that through her little head, but not before she'd written the email address down for me.  And she was clearly disappointed.

Kids, this is what happens if you don't go to college.

1 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

And it's contagious!

Fixed...