5.24.2008

Got Sauce?

Mildly weird and/or annoying occurances:

1. I'm going to see STP at the Hollywood Bowl. The Bowl has always seemed like a venue for higher cultural events, not pop music. Forget that it's where I was first exposed to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. But now I get to see the one 90s band I regret not having being able to see when Weiland was still a functioning and entertaining drug addict. The band that my friend and I sat OUTSIDE the Greek Theatre for in 1995, while a drunk guy named Ron hit on us and then threw up next to our blanket. To the tune of Interstate Love Song.

It's a night that lives in infamy in our 1996 high school yearbook. Along with a reference to how I busted my tennis racket in 1992. But that's a story for another time.

2. G. Love, another notch missing from the musical bedpost, is coming to said Greek in September. I love the Greek. It's nestled in the Griffith Park hills and you get to park on top of one another on a huge grass field. It's all part of the experience. That's where the Krazy Mommy and I got to see INXS just four months before Michael Hutchence died. Rodeo Clowns was my first taste of Jack Johnson. He's dreamy. And touring Europe with G. But he won't be coming to LA. Oh no. We get not the Jack, but instead we get the dirty Black Crowes. I'm less than thrilled.

Why G, why???

0 comments: