5.21.2008

The Idol-Free Life

There's always something going on in this tiny city of ours. Tonight it was the American Idol finale at the Nokia Theatre vs. the Spurs/Lakers game at Staples Center across the street. Who wants to bet that traffic getting out of downtown was about 800% worse than normal?

Thank god I left at 2 pm.

I was invited to the finale taping. But turned it down for four simple reasons:

1.
I hate American Idol.
2. Dentist appointment at 3 pm.
3. Dinner with my parents before they leave for their Puerto Rican vacation tomorrow.
4. Did I mention I hate American Idol?

My girlfriends subjected me to their chatter about it for weeks. Krazy Mommy will send me emails with nothing but AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAI!!! in them just to annoy me. I even got roped into sending a good luck message to one of the earlier contestants (friend of a friend, hence tonight's invite).

I spent my night drinking wine and watching the Spurs give up with just over two minutes left in the game. It's the playoffs. Even though San Antonio lost, I was still better off.


AI is for retards. Basketball is for the rest of us.

Oh, and to the idiotic morning DJ that called them the Indiana Spurs: you clearly watch too much AI. Retard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AI does suck, Living in Utah makes it worse as one of the final two dude’s and his fucked in the head dad are from here…the Jazz are out of the playoffs thanks to the Lakers so there’s no options here…Its not all doom and gloom…I still have Mr Crown Royal to keep me occupied…

Cowboy said...

Dude, AI sucks the nuggets of magical elves' stepfathers in a ditch of magical poo covered in flies. One more reasons for everyone to hate America. Like I said (was it 2 weeks ago) Pistons will be taking it all this year.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Helmet: welcome and please come back. Sorry what the Lakers did to the Jazz. We hate the Lakers here too. Also, sorry you live in fucking Utah.

Jay: I'm never disappointed with your magical stringing together of simple words. Magical elves and magical poo. Wow. Also, fuck Detroit. I hope Boston beats them all to hell. And I think we can blame the Brits for AI.