5.26.2008

Kitchen Wars

I don't cook a lot. I'm not bad at it. I've been known to throw a good dish or two together. Mostly I don't have the time, or I don't want to make the time, or any of the above. But today there was fixins in the house, so I figured what the hell.

I can never just make a typical dish. I always have to make it unique, or add a layer of difficulty just for shits and giggles. Like my quacamole with peaches. Sounds weird, right? Till you try it. Everyone loves it.

I've also never made risotto, but I like it lots. And following my usual stubbornness, I opted to use black rice. Which takes notoriously forever to cook. The instructions say about 30 minutes. Normal risotto should take about 20.

2 hours later, my rice was still kinda crunchy. WTF?

This was annoying on many levels. It's edible, and even kind of yummy, but for the love of sanity that took too damn long!

And now I'm too tired to eat.

0 comments: