1.31.2008

Dear John Letters #9

Today, there will only be one dear John letter. I've been storing them up for quite some time, but this one is more timely than the rest.

Dear John Edwards,

Thanks for allowing me to waste my vote. Last week, I exercised my right as an American and my privilege as a busy person by filling out my absentee ballot and mailing it off in a timely manner. When I marked the bubble that corresponded with your name, I kind of felt like I was throwing away a vote because we know California is probably going to Hillary. But I still believed! I believed you were Middle America's Great White Hope. Is the Heartland really ready for a black man at the helm? Or worse yet, a WOMAN? Women should stay at home, barefoot and pregnant. And black men...well, they just break my heart. And that's all we'll say about that.

Everyone who matters, meaning the people I was drinking with at a sports bar last night and therefore the most educated on the matter, thought you were the one who would persevere after Hillary and Obama split the vote. But no, you instead chose to give up. Quitter. Spitters are quitters too. I don't spit. Just so we're clear.

Next time, I promise not to go with the safe bet. Because, obviously, white men will break my heart too. You're a quitter AND a heart breaker.

No man is worth that trouble.

7 comments:

Captain Chipmunk said...

I just ranted on my blog about how the most diverse state(CA) gets the fewest choices in the primary thanks to results in states like Iowa and South Carolina.

I was with you on Edwards, but now my second choice is from the other side of the aisle but I can't vote for him since I am a registered Democrat.

Here's a big booyah for democracy in action.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Lets face it, I was being obnoxious. If I really believed women are only good for breeding, I wouldn't have gone to college.

I didn't think I had to actually say as much, but maybe I did.

LB said...

no one cares what Oregon thinks...we don't even get to vote until everyone else has. we're the red headed step child...hahaha...I made a redhead joke!! my Bf would be so proud!

Anonymous said...

WTF happened to California's open primary???!!!!??? I am sooooooo pissed about that!! I am a middle of the road girl so I registered non-partisan, now I don't know who I can vote for. GEEZ you leave the state for while and it goes to shit, you vote in the govanator and take away the open primary...stupid stupid stupid!! ok thats it.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I THOUGHT I was non-partisan, but apparently at some point since the last open primary I chose a side. So that's all I could vote for. I was annoyed.

Anonymous said...

well as NP I think the only parties that will allow you vote on their ticket are the independants and the democrats, but we'll see come Tuesday. I am just pissed because I didn't know that CA wasn't an open primary state anymore until after I re-registered since moving back. UGH!!!!

Anonymous said...

so do you think i should still vote for him? he is on the ballot. maybe there'll be an upset, or a draft edwards campaign. either way, he's the candidate that most speaks to me on the issues.

bastard.