1.06.2008

December by the Numbers

2008 is finally here. For the first time in a long time, I actually don't feel like the last year flew by in a flash. I know I've complained about time passing faster than I can keep up, but the truth is, so much happened in the last year that I feel like I finally got my money's worth.

A recap of the year may be in order, but for now, lets concentrate on the last month:

8 days in the office
3 Xmas parties

1 iPod shuffle
11 days of vacation
2 weeks spent packing

4 hours spent moving
75 square feet of storage fully packed with all my crap
26 miles moved
5 broken nails
2 stubbed toes
3 cuts on my hands

9 days spent adjusting to the new living situation
0 days spent missing my old living situation
27 days single
1 possible new player in the mix
1 evening of tequila-fueled hilarity
2 entertaining lunches
1 case of mistaken celebrity
80 minutes massaged
3 hours shooting family portraits in the wind

50 dollars for rented lighting setup
0 minutes spent using it for fear of lights falling over
30 dollars for the rented background set up
60 minutes before it fell over due to the vicious wind
80 million laughs over the absurdity of the elements
9 amazing pictures that made it all worth it

2 visits from the Phoenix Suns
1 Clippers game missed due to moving exhaustion
3 family members moved to San Diego
4 hours spent getting to San Diego

2 hours spent returning
50 years of marriage celebrated
1 set of wedding vows renewed

60 minutes spent in church (without bursting into flames!)
23 shots before my flash unit quit
264 shots eventually captured throughout the night
94 printed
3 hours playing board games on New Year's Eve
5 glasses of wine imbibed beforehand
1 glass of champagne as the ball dropped

Good-bye 2007. Hello 2008. Is anyone else having trouble writing out the date?

3 comments:

BurgandySkies said...

Not yet, but I haven't had to write it much.

DrinkJack said...

You got 94 out of 264? Holy hell! Too bad you are so far away, I could use some lessons!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yup. I'm just that good. ;)