1.14.2008

Are You Smarter Than This Riddle?

You have, undoubtedly, received this email already. It's a simple math problem supposedly derived from the game show Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

And since we here at Exxy HQ highly recommend having a college degree in order to read this blog, this should be embarrassingly easy for everyone. Especially you kids with the super advanced JDs and Doctor titles.

The Krazy Mommy and I both got it in under 5 minutes. But Big Fish, the engineer with a master's degree, was off by a gianormous margin. *smirk*

Here you go:

In a bus there are 7 girls. Each girl has 7 bags. Each bag has 7 big cats. Each big cat has 7 small cats. How many legs in the bus?

Don't make the idiotic mistake of giving all the girls four legs. That's just not right.

Also, the answer is floating all over the internet, but if you can actually get this by pure brains, more power to you.

5 comments:

LB said...

You're supposed to have a degree to read your blog?!?!?!?! Damn. Guess I have to stop reading until I get this stupid college crap outta the way.

Im dyslexic, so I don't know how many legs there are...but are the bags Gucci? Okay, I'm also a little ADD. haha...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

LOL. You crack me up, LB. WHY would you put 392 cats in a Gucci bag? Does Gucci even make bags that big? And wouldn't you have to declaw the cats? That's just cruel.

DrinkJack said...

Is it (7*2)*7*(7*4)*(7*4)?

I am too lazy to multiply it out or Google it. If I am right, then it took about 15 seconds. If I am wrong, then I wasted a ton of money.

In reality, you should add two more for the bus driver :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Sweetie, you wasted a ton of money. It's [7(8*7)*7]*4+14.

Nothing was mentioned about a bus driver, therefore you cannot assume a bus driver exists. When are you going to learn to think like a lawyer?

Anonymous said...

Its 10990