6.22.2007

Photoblogging Friday 6.22.07

I worked way too hard this week. Up at 5 am, zombie-faced through the days...at least most nights I was given free alcohol. My life is really not that difficult. Especially Tuesday night, when I got three of my favorite things (with added bonuses):

- scotch (with a guy)
- steak (with props from the powers that be)
- this view from 300 feet above Los Angeles (with wine):


Go west, young ladySunset over the Santa Monica & Harbor freeways interchange


This is looking west from the penthouse of the AT&T building in downtown LA. Also known as the restaurant Windows, which is about to close on July 1st. It's a damn shame too because while the food is just okay, the view is ridiculous. 360 degrees of the entire city from the 32nd floor. Right above the Convention Center, where I have languished for the last 2 days. Tradeshows suck.

But at least I got this picture.

And scotch. And a story about how a guy agonized over asking a girl out. Told by a bartender who had just figured out that I was the girl in the story.

Did I mention I also love 23 year old bartenders in naughty librarian outfits?

It was a good week.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't commented in a while...feeling a little guilty. Thanks for the cool photo (as always). Your photos have become a staple in my Friday routine, along with listening to Boz Skaggs among other things (take that for what it's worth). :)

I'm jealous of all this scotch drinking!!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I'm jealous that you have an array to sample!

The littlest Princess said...

There is a hotel in Downtown SD that has a bar on top and you get gorgeous views like this from the top. I will have to make sure that I get a good picture from it especially of the view out to Coronado, and Point Loma. However I don't think it will be quite as good as yours.

David N. Scott said...

Ehhh. Trade shows are teh suck.

We have a nice view restaraunt or two up the hill next to us, but I'll admit that they sure don't compare to this one...

Cowboy said...

I love aerial views of highways... they're like long, glowing veins in the heart of the city.

BurgandySkies said...

That is an awesome pic. If the location is so good maybe someone else will do something cool with it.

DrinkJack said...

I will be disappointed that the naughty librarian bartender was a guy.

With so many successes lately, I feel a need for you to get a raise.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Princess: you can always try!

David: All views from hilltops are awesome in their own way.

Jay: I feel the exact same way.

Burgandy: Yeah, they're turning it into office space. Which blows.

Jack: it was definitely a girl. A very cute one. And yes, I do deserve a fucking raise.

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Congrats on the New Man. You deserve to be treated like a goddess! And you can tell him I said that.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photo! We're in San Jose and it's very pleasant. Going to Yosemite today, I think. If my sister ever gets out of the shower.