6.01.2007

Photoblogging Friday 6.1.07

I know I usually run the numbers on the first of the month, but I've been lazy. Actually, not so much that as preoccupied. So, you'll wait another day or so for the quantified month of May. It won't kill you.

Instead, some abstract art:

Blue balls?
Cherries in reverse color, aka "Life is..." (2001)



Back from when I was still playing with film in 2001, it's a negative image from a positive slide. I was going through a phase where I was trying to match cyans and magentas. Because it's really easy to shoot things that are red, but not so much it's bluish counterpart.

The same thing is obviously quite easily done in Photoshop now, but this was actual darkroom work.

If you don't know what that means, nevermind. Just enjoy the imagery.

I like that it looks like sperm, kinda.

6 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

OOOOOOOO very cool. I likes.

I don't think I could do that in photoshop or in a dark room. I'm definitely more mechanically inclined.

Cowboy said...

Very Warholian. Yer pix er sick

DrinkJack said...

Do you miss the anticipation of seeing your creations form in front of your eyes? Just curious.

I dig the blue halos around them.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Princess: I still have a copy if you'd like one for the new pad.

Jay: Thanks, honey.

Jack: Yes, I definitely do miss seeing that. Darkroom work is like magic.

SkookumJoe said...

makes your hands smelly though

Beakerz said...

Yea. photoshop has runied photography to some degree as people no longer believe that someone could actually take the time to work in the darkroom or take a great original photo.

Pisses me off something fierce.