5.08.2006

Training Week #5


I was a bad girl today. For the first time since I started this damn running program, I opted out of a run.

But, I had my reasons. One, whatever I had for lunch did not agree with me or my internal organs. So I felt like shit all afternoon. Two, I smacked my knee up something hard against my desk. It's the kind of hurt that is sharp and immediately radiates down your leg. In fact, the sound of impact was so loud, people several cubicles over were asking if I was okay.

I'm pathologically clumsy, so this was not an unusual mishap. I was actually due, since I've been pretty klutz-free lately. But that hurt like a bitch. I was a limpy gimp the rest of the afternoon.

Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up early and run along the bike path. It's 1.6 miles in each direction. How cold is it at 6:30 am? Okay, maybe not.

I'll just run on my lunch hour.

Ah, problem solved!

----

Tuesday is Exile's birthday. Go on over to his blog and wish him a good one!

3 comments:

exile said...

awww, thanks for the shout out birthday girl!

personally i always take Mark Twain's view on exercise

"whenever i feel the urge to exercise i lie down and wait for it to pass"~ Mark Twain

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Funny, birthday boy. Go get thee drunk!

exile said...

oh, i did, and it was good