5.24.2006

Housekeeping & Updates


I've finally been attacked by blog spam. It's not yummy, not like real Spam. Which we used to eat on camping trips till that one time we were all so hungover it made us wretch almost immediately on contact.

That was a fun trip.

Anyway. It took 2 whole months, but they got me. So, in an effort to deter the spambots, you can no longer post anonymously and you have to do that silly squiggly word verification thing. Sorry, but it had to be done.

In other even less stellar news, the telephone stalker reared his ugly head again. After getting shut down by my date last week, he waited a mere 5 days before resuming his annoying calls.

I finally picked up the phone:

Me: Who is this?
Him: It's Psycho.*
Me: Why are you calling me?
Him: Because you gave me your number.
Me: Look, I don't know who you are but I want you to stop calling me. I don't remember you and I don't want to speak to you ever again.
Him: Uh, okay.

*not his real name

That's the abridged version, and lacks that tone of bitchiness I'm so good at.

I need honest answers here from the man group: if a woman ignores all of your (20 desperate) phone calls, then on the last try a man answers and tells you to leave her alone, what part of the brain makes you think it's okay to call AGAIN???

Fucking hell.


Now that's made me all paranoid that he's a psycho stalker in real life and knows where I live. So when I left the house last night to see my boys play in Hollywood, I spent $10 to valet my car instead of walking around a dark neighborhood by myself.

So wrong. On every level.


***

Change of heart: anonymous posting is allowed but the word verification stays.

As for the other problem, I'm calling the LAPD to see what, if any, recourse I have before I find myself in REAL trouble.

1 comments:

exile said...

don't look at me. of the few numbers i've gotten usually if i call and i don't completely wow her on the phone I STOP FUCKING CALLING

as an average guy, i just see no logic in calling this many times. but see, sick fucking guys like this are into it. they get a thrill out of it.

personally, i think it's just counter productive