10.01.2007

September by the Numbers

I usually start these monthly rundowns off by complaining about how fast the time passed, don't I? This one is no different. Because I honestly cannot comprehend how we're in the last quarter of the year. Can you?

The days between Monday and Friday are passing so goddamn quickly that my weekends are now completely consumed with doing as little as absolutely possible. Doing not a fucking thing would be best. We'll see how that works out this month.

And then at the end: Halloween!!!

But for now, September:

25 days being in charge
1 new hire
15 days spent holding her hand
1 new client group
4 of the company's former presidents present at the first meeting
30 minutes making them laugh at my jokes
2 cocktail parties
1 massive ongoing headache that just won't go away
2 birthdays
3 day holiday spent firmly rooted to the couch with Monsieur
1 backache earned for that laziness
6 chiro visits trying to fix that mistake
46 pictures shot in his icky parking structure
45 minutes with a camera down my throat, enjoying the best sleep of my life
20 minutes in recovery, screwing with the oximeter probe to make the machine look like an Etch-a-sketch (the nurses didn't like that)
2 days spent fasting

And yeah, that's about it. All I did was work all month, so I didn't do anything fun. Even those cocktail parties were work. Man, I gotta get out more.

Or just stay home and rest. Yeah, that.

2 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

I know what you mean by how fast the time has gone. Everything has gone by so fast. It doesn't seem as if it should be October already but just the beginning of summer. Not because of the Weather but because of the fact that Time has gone by so fast. I guess that they adults were right when we were younger, that time would fly by so fast when we were their age that we should enjoy how it seems like it takes forever when we're little. I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ten bonus points for irritating the nurses. *grin*