10.11.2007

Gasping for Air

I haven't been sick since I had to take an entire month off of work in March 2006. It was immediately after that bout that I started training for my first half-marathon and somehow that kicked my immunity up to indestructible levels.

19 whole months free of germs.

Until the sweetest little boy--who just happened to have the sniffles--lay kisses on me all day Saturday. Now I can't breathe.

It's been a good month since I saw the inside of a gym. The combination of work hours and lack of energy don't make it easy to keep up my exercise routine. God knows I'm paying for it now that my pants fit a little snug. I know it's not gigantism either. And I was just thinking earlier this week that I damn well better get back there lest I get sick soon.

I guess the joke's on me.

Monsieur and I had a real date planned for tonight, too. One that didn't involve beer and/or watching football like the last 6 weekends of our lives. Not that I mind that, it's just that a girl deserves a little romance now and then. In a dress. With George Clooney.

I even shaved my legs.

Dammit.

4 comments:

Cowboy said...

Being sick makes me sick.

The littlest Princess said...

Oh I'm sorry you're sick :( that's sad, Especially if you had plans and they were ruined by you getting sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor GPG! Hope you feel better soon.

DrinkJack said...

Why cute little ones can be the perfect conduit of the world's worst diseases has to be the work of the devil. Hope you are feeling better.