10.15.2007

Shady Figures

I live on a quiet street. It's a tree-lined residential neighborhood made up of apartment buildings nestled between two major avenues. I've been here for 6 years.

At night, it gets a little deserted. And the streetlights are set far enough apart that it's rather dark. Especially on nights like tonight when the moon is hiding behind a blanket of clouds. Did I mention the trees throwing shadows all over the place? It can be a little spooky.

So when I got home at nearly 9 pm, and there was a black-clad man wandering suspiciously down the middle of the street, and I spent all weekend in bed watching tv shows about women killed in their apartments, is it any wonder that I felt a little apprehensive pulling into my garage?

Thank god he just kept walking past my building. Preferring prey a little further down the road, I'm sure.

I gotta stop watching those shows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, girl, why didn't you call the po po?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You mean the LAPD? Really?

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Did you look carefully at his face? Was he wearing white pan makeup? It might have been one of those Midnight Murdering Mimes I've been hearing about. They break into your house and bore you to death with their antics of walking in the wind and such. Lifetime's gonna do a whole series of films about 'em. :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

X, you're so fucking funny.

But no, he wasn't white-faced. Clearly hispanic. Like me, but not.