10.25.2007

From the Land of Minimal Effort

I've become lazy as all hell. Having a job that hypothetically drains the life out of you tends to have that effect.

But seriously.

I've stopped caring about what I wear. In the mornings, it's almost too much trouble to wash my hair. There's a point where if one continues to ignore her eyebrows, they become a ragged, unplucked mess.

I'm half a step removed from that point.

This morning, after awaking from a nightmare in which my coworker was trying to kill me and Bea Arthur was trying to help me, I dragged my tired ass out of bed and stared at the closet. I had an event tonight, so I had to at least try to look decent. It took half an hour, but I somehow managed to pull it together.

I even put on make-up. But just the bare minimum.

At 4:30 I dragged my more tired, worn out, faded make-up wearing ass to the hotel. Where I spent the entire dinner chatting with a nice young man. Who ended the night by asking me out.

The moral of the story: there's no point in trying to look good. Apparently I'm better off like this.

***

If you came here looking for a Friday photo, too bad. I just didn't feel like it today. Expect this apathy to continue indefinitely. Or until someone gives me a million dollars.

Whichever comes first.

2 comments:

DrinkJack said...

I had a sense that you could make bare minimum look damn good. Hang in there!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Jack, Jack, Jack. You are too kind. And addled by alcohol.