10.30.2007

It's All in the Ending

I was all set to bitch about the horrid traffic day I had. Out of fucking nowhere, the number of cars seemed to balloon 187,000%. There was some bullshit accident at 5 am that up until 8 pm was still wreaking havoc on all Los Angeles roads.


ALL of them. ALL the fucking way from LAX to downtown. Do you know how far away those two locations are? 20 miles. Do you know how many square miles of road that is in between?

80 fucking quadrillion!!

It took an hour and 20 minutes to get from work to home. Those last 20? I moved a full 2 miles. You can imagine how furious and exhausted I was by day's end.

And then I walked in my front door to the most jubilant roommate. As she shoved her left-hand in my face, I had to laugh at how excited she was by the gorgeous ring on her finger. She was literally glowing.

So she's getting married next spring and couldn't be happier. And coming home to that kinda really made my day.

0 comments: