10.16.2007

Fun with Nyquil

Each annoyingly pathetic time I get sick, I know how it's gonna go: misery, misery, misery...

Otherwise known as The 5 Stages of Illness, per me:

1. Sore throat, sniffles.

2. Denial that I'm getting sick, followed by an overdose of Airborne, Emergen-C, echinecea, goldenseal and anything else I can get my hands on to prevent the germs from taking up residence in my mucus membranes

3. Anger when it doesn't work.

4. Inability to breathe because the germs have won and it hurts like a bitch.

5. Irritating hacking cough.

By the time I get the cough, I know I'm on the upswing. After 6 fucking days, I'm finally in the final stages of this awful cold. Even though my head still feels like a balloon, and I swear to god I'm floating, I know I'm getting better.

And I damn well better be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really do hope you feel better, even though I think you managed to pass on germs to me while we were on the phone yesterday morning. my throat hurts!!

Bengali Chick said...

The balloon feeling is the worst. I feel high on illness which is pretty freaking crummy. Feel better!

SkookumJoe said...

balloons are fun

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

KM: I think it was the snake!

BC: Thank you!

SJ: Word.