7.16.2007

Summer Goals

I know the summer is already half over. So don't look at me like I'm late to the party. If you've ever been to a party with me, you know that there is always a huge rush to greet me with hugs and a general disruption of goings-on while everyone screams "hey, the GPG is here!"

Shit don't really start till I get there. It's true.

I've been wasting away at work since January and I'm completely tired of it. A new distraction in late May made it nearly-bearable until it too became inconvenient (read: hard). While I figure out whether or not he's worth the aggravation, I have to come up with new ways to avoid being at work 18 hours a day.


To wit:

- Clean out the closet. I have many clothes that don't fit. They will probably never fit again. Like those 17 pairs of jeans that date back to high school. They aren't even in style anymore. Did anyone know what a boot-cut was in 1994? No? Then to the Salvation Army they go!

- Organize the photo collection. There are 3 places where my "artwork" lives, none of them in any sort of discernable catalog. Then there are the brazillions of 4x6s that were taken at parties before god invented digital cameras. Remember 1994? My jeans do. So do the pics. Time to trash or box up in a single spot.

- Clear out the clutter. I've somehow developed ratpack-iritis, which in its most deplorable forms makes you keep a 3-foot tinfoil Xmas tree bedecked with pink glass ornaments in your bedroom ALL YEAR LONG. There are also 82 issues of magazines I never read. And a bag full of presents I brought home on December 25th that never really found a home. All of this will see the inside of our apartment building's trash receptacle by Labor Day.

- Lose this horrible 10 pounds I've managed to gain being completely sedentary for 18 hours a day over the last 6 months. A coworker and I made a pact to lose 15 pounds by end of August. I don't know that there are any consequences for failing, other than the utter shame of breaking the pact. Which is enough to keep me going, that's for damn sure. I figure if I hit at least 10, that's a success.

Them's the biggies. And probably all the responsibility I can handle for a while.

3 comments:

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

I too, am familiar with the 82 issues of magazines I never read.

Send that tree, those mags and presents along with the pants, to The Salvation Army. You'd be surprised at what all they'll take. That way, it doesn't go into a landfill.

18 hours a day? Aagh! I would've gained 20. They better be paying you well...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I pass two Salvation Army places on my way to work. It's gonna happen this week. I already cleared about a third of the closet...

SkookumJoe said...

or, if you don't feel like doing any of those things, you could make a list about them and post...oh.