7.27.2007

Photoblogging Friday 7.27.07

My nephew is due any day now. Because of that, I've been particularly amused by how life is going to change for the man who up until now I've only ever been able to see as my baby brother. The fact that he's about to become a father is a mindtrip all its own.

In honor of that, here's a picture of him I believe I took in 1999, way back before digital cameras had been brought from the future:

Brooding

Underground, 1999

Okay, maybe digital cameras were already a reality, but I was holding firm to the wonders of film. This has several technical issues, exacerbated by the digitizing of the print, but I still love the overall effect just the same. Shot with my baby Rebel on super-high speed film and overprocessed to increase the grainy feel.

The things I could do in the darkroom back in the day...

5 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

Awwww, that's an awesome pic I love it. I can't believe he's going to be a daddy either, that's just mindblowing.

Anonymous said...

Great shot...I wish I had talent in the darkroom like you.

DrinkJack said...

I am sure that the darkroom trained you in all sorts of dark arts.

Can't remember, but is this your first Auntie gig?

Roonie said...

You're my photographic idol.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Princess: because you knew him when he was a wee little tike, you know how crazy this reality is!

JTS: instead, you can just pay me to do it for you!

Jack: nope, it's my third. Remember C-note and G-brat?

Roonie: why thank you!