11.12.2007

There Aren't Enough Hours in the Day

My time is valuable. I cost my company a great deal of money, especially after 5 pm...not what I'm worth, but relatively speaking, I'm not bad off.

So when a minimum wage clerk at Office Depot wants to waste time playing games with me instead of finding the item I'm paying $300 for, I get a bit irked. Understandably so.

Therefore, it wouldn't be considered rude at all if I snapped at him, told him to get is ass in gear, and get the shit I'm trying to buy.

Don't waste my fucking time.

2 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

if you were a clerk on minimum wage would you give a fuck?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Here's my problem with that line of thinking: you have a job, and you take pride in doing that job well, or you get another fucking job. I'm not going to belittle someone for having a job that doesn't pay well, but you are expected to DO that job. If you don't give a fuck, then stop wasting everyone's time, especially your employer's.

Customer service isn't easy. So don't do it if you can't handle the responsibility of dealing with customers appropriately.

The end.