11.19.2007

Pill-Popping Princess

Nearly 8 weeks ago I had my stomach scoped. Immediately after which I was told that everything looked normal.

A month later, the doctor who performed the procedure called to say they found an ulcer-causing bacteria in there and I needed to go on meds for 2 weeks. I was actually relieved because I still had serious tummy issues, so at least now I knew it was all in my head. I tried to make an appointment. The earliest they could fit me in was 3 weeks later.

That was today. So I had to take the morning off work, pay to park, then wait 30 minutes to see the doctor. All so he could just write me 4 prescriptions. That's it. He didn't examine me. He didn't do a damn thing that warranted me going into the office at all. In fact, he could have called the fucking pharmacy 3 weeks ago and I could have been finished with these damn pills already instead of spending all that time suffering unnecessarily.


Fucking asshole.

So now I have the joy of taking 18 pills a day for the next 14 days. During which time I can't drink because of weird side effects from one of the meds.

You can imagine how irritated I am.

3 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

What was insanely ironic is that despite all the recent stress and 60-hour weeks, my blood pressure was the closest to normal that it's been since January.

That was a VERY nice suprise.

LB said...

Wait, you don't have anything in your life that could causs stress do you? HA! Just kidding. You poor thing...all those pills and they aren't even the kind you want to take with alcohol. I'm sorry! Well, I hope the next 14 days flies by! And I'm sure that first glass of scotch after it all will taste SOOOOOOO good! If I lived closer, I'd offer to buy it for you...but alas, I don't.

LB said...

yes I spelled cause wrong. And maybe a few other things wrong too...and I know you are the grammar police, you probably have a hay day with my posts!