6.01.2008

May by the Numbers

I love May. Not just because of my birthday, but there's also a sense of giddy anticipation floating in the air. Spring is here, summer is just around the corner, and it always feels like I'm getting into my groove again. It's a great time of the year.

3 weekends with the adorable Baby Aladdin
2 events with the adorable feds
4 birthdays celebrated
134 combined years reached
1 new promotion to work towards
1 horrible dream about messing up my presentation
20 minutes before technical difficulties did actually screw it up
5 mortifying minutes trying to get tech support to fix it
20 very understanding attendees
4 personnel changes
3 days planning for contingencies
1 very exhausting round of chess
1 round of completely surprising text flirting
32 years of scotch promised for the next date
3 hours networking
40 mostly socially inept individuals
1 excitable criminal defense attorney
9 months of planning culminating into one afternoon
1 bomb-sniffing dog in attendance
22 cowboys in attendance
2 cowgirls
370 other guests
1 forced karaoke experience
1 duet with the Shambot
4 songs done by my parents
1 entertaining family battle of the singers

0 comments: