6.23.2008

The Death of Funny

Who had George Carlin in the celebrity death pool? I certainly didn't.

It fucking sucks that he's dead. "Fuck" being one of the seven words he turned into legal history. You can read the rest
here.

My favorite one of his jokes was about praying to the Empire State Building. I heard him do it on one of the late night shows, and how your prayers are just as likely to be answered by the ESB than by God. Who maybe we should now refer to as ESB because that's equally funny and offensive.

R.I.P Mr. Carlin.


Russert and Carlin in the same week. Who's next?

2 comments:

neil said...

I watched his latest stand up DVD about 6 months ago...and thought then that he looked very 'olod'...and I actually thought to myself that he probably didn't have much time left (he had kicked the drugs...and unfortunately I think they were what kept him 'alive')...so his death wasn't that huge a shock.

Was never a huge fan of his...but he did make me laugh quite a few times...and he was in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure too.

R.I.F.P.

Jeen Yes said...

i was going to write a posthumous carlin post as well, but never really found what i wanted to say. glad you said it for all of us. pretty shocking to wake up and read that he's gone. sucks.


when will jesus bring the pork chops?