6.26.2008

All Work and No Play

I had an all day event followed by an all night event today. I've been on my feet for nearly 14 hours. It's awesome.

What's also great is how my subconscious decided to remind me what all was going on in the city tonight. I had a dream that we were at the hotel for tonight's event with a bunch of young guys hanging around wearing college basketball jerseys. And that's when I remembered that the
NBA Draft was today!! Who needs a blackberry when you get your reminders in your sleep?

As I drove past Staples Center, there was a huge party gathering, hosted by the Clipper Nation. I got my invite several weeks ago, but already knew I was otherwise committed. I sadly looked the other way and made my way from event #1 to event #2. Fuck, it was a long day.

And Kevin Love went to Memphis? Ironic, don'tcha think? I do have to give Chicago credit for snagging Derrick Rose. That kid is unstoppable. As
Love will tell you.

2 comments:

neil said...

I agree...Rose looks like he could be a star.

What's your take on O.J. Mayo...playing for USC you must have seen a bit more of him than we did on the East Coast. I think he's going to be the next D-Wade...but you know what your talking about when it comes to basketball, so what do you think?

Should Miami have taken him?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I honestly didn't pay attention to Mayo, but I know the kid is pretty great. We can definitely curse him the way Grant Hill was cursed after his phenomenal rookie year, with all the comparisons to Jordan, though. So go right ahead!