6.15.2008

Overheard in the Family #14

My baby brother's birthday and first father's day was this weekend. In order to maximize the partying, I took the train down on Friday night. No traffic, no misery, just a great view of the ocean for most of the way down.

Usually, the Shambot and I gang up on the poor guy. But since it was his weekend, we ganged up on the Shambot instead. Because she can take it as hard as she dishes it out, this is usually a lot of fun.

Except when they ganged up on me. I got carded at the tequila bar. My baby brother did not.

Shambot: Take it as a compliment.

Baby brother: Yeah, you're old. But at least you don't look it.

GPG: I'm not old.

BB: Dude, you're THIRTY.

GPG: You guys keep thinking that's an insult, but it's not.

BB: THIRTY!

GPG: It's an accomplishment. You don't know what I did in my twenties. I'm lucky to have made it this far.

Shambot: You were a whore, weren't you?

GPG: Hey, at least I didn't get pregnant!

That pretty much shut the Shambot up. But we all knew it was just fun and games. Because Baby Aladdin is totally awesome.

Then we went home and played Grand Theft Auto IV. I forgot how much fun shooting people in the face can be!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the most part, I kind of loathe the general population because they can't drive, cut in line, talk too loud on their phones, and are generally rude. That said, how cathartic is GTAIV? You get to take the aforementioned and run them over, or shoot them in the face, or beat them up when they are on the phone...all of which I wish to do on a daily basis, but can't for obvious reasons. Maybe I have rage issues?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

As long as you get to channel them while playing GTA, who cares?

I drove my ambulance around in circles then died doing something retarded. But I was laughing so hard when I did it that I nearly fell off the couch.

I'm really not good at the game.

Anonymous said...

Shambot played too. There was a street preacher across from Shambot in the game who was yelling "the end is near, the end is near!" How right he was, subsequently Shambot morphed into Shambo and shot the unexpecting street priest in the face. God bless America.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I thought Shambo didn't like the game so much. And since when are you "anonymous," Mr. Nameles?