12.16.2007

Weeding Out the Junk

How is that no matter how much you pack up and/or throw away, there's still a plethora of shit? How is it we managed to pack up an entire kitchen in just an hour, but my bedroom has taken a week and still looks as if nothing has happened?

I've packed up roughly 8 boxes, cleared out 98% of my closet, and yet, I still feel like I could live here for an entire month and not want for anything.

Except a pair of black boots that have already arrived in their new home. Argh.

After this whole experience I might just divest myself of any and all material possessions and live the ascetic life. Except for the wardrobe part. Even though it's taken 8 suitcases to move the clothing, I had to choose between only 30 or so shirts when I went out tonight, and had a serious case of "nothing to wear-itis." So the clothes stay.

Clothes, bed, computer, tv, camera. Everything else is probably unnecessary.

4 comments:

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

I don't know if ascetics are allowed to drink Scotch and wear sexy red lipstick...would never work. :)

Here's to a quick and painless move, darlin'!

DrinkJack said...

Keep it all. Us pack rats have to stick together, the future of eBay depends on our dying estate sales!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

X: We'll start a new sect of ascetics! Who ARE allowed to wear red lipstick, drink scotch, and fuck all weekend. In fact, I might start it THIS weekend.

Right after the move, that is. ;)

Jack: Babe, you'll always be my number one, regardless of your ebay feedback!

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Sounds good--where do I join up? :)