4.15.2008

Flirting with Change

My parents are trying to get rid of me. They want me to go far away. Probably because I haven't given them grandkids. My baby brother took his way down south, Big Fish keeps his brood around the corner, but apparently I'm just taking up space.

Or maybe they want an outpost up north too.

It started when my dad sent me a job listing for a position in San Francisco. He knows how much I've always wanted to live there, and the job is right up my alley. It's for a great company, too.

C-dub would love for me to live up there with her. Rumor has it that a certain man might be returning to the area too. So I'd have a little tribe ready-made. A really good, sexy tribe in one of the best cities in the world. Who doesn't want that?

But I feel like I just got my sea legs on the job I already have. I've been in the new position for a mere 8 months. But I'm good at it. My employees like me, my boss adores me. And I just had the opportunity to draft plans for a new infrastructure. Little ol' me is helping redirect the future of my company. I like that, both the responsibility and the accolades.

I'm not sure I'm ready to give that up.

Though I suppose it couldn't hurt to dust off the résumé, right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

listen C-U-kNow-whaT! you are not allowed to move to SF! I wont let you!!!!! if you do I will now and forever start righting too you in purpel. besides don't you wathc eli stone, a huge earthquake just destroyed the golden gate bridge.... and if that doesn't deter you...i can make more of them...you know i can!!!! do you remember 94???? and if that still doesn't work I will make you allergic to clam chowder and chinese food....and I will use my powers so that gay people won't like you anymore!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

For the viewing audience at home, the Krazy Mommy just hasn't taken her pills yet. It's okay. She's pretty harmless.

Sheesh, lady. I don't even like clam chowder. Gay people, on the other hand, are awesome. Guess who woke me up with text messages at 6 am this morning! Our friends down Mexico way.

Anonymous said...

that's not true, I have taken my pills... also I am pretty AND harmless just for the record, not pretty harmless

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yes, pretty AND harmless. My bad.

LB said...

You should check out Portland...hahaha...I'm trying to get as many cool people up here as possible....there's a major lack of coolness here. I mean, well, except for me!

BurgandySkies said...

San Fran is pretty hip. Have you read Rodger Jacobs' tales of the North Beach yet? (I haven't seen you commenting over there, but I suppose you might be lurking...)

Anonymous said...

Do not give up L.A. for San Francisco. You'll regret it as I did. It's one of the most expensive cities in the nation to live in and it's colder than an iceberg, both in temperature and collective mood.

Like the man said, a nice place to visit but ...

And this is coming from a native San Franciscan.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Welcome back, RJ. You've been terribly missed.

DrinkJack said...

Just let me know where to buy drinks. I am sure you would kick ass in any city you blessed by calling home.