8.21.2008

Hey Jealousy

Tonight I went to a concert.  In the public square downtown.  It was the Gin Blossoms. 

With my parents.  No, really.

It was also free.

And then at one point, my mom turned to me and said, "you have to blog about this!  You're at a concert--with your parents!!"

My mom is the cutest thing.  And actually, it was a lot of fun.  The opening band Sugarwall was also quite entertaining.  So much so that I went over to talk to their manager about booking them for a gig.

But before that, my mom had made a joke about smuggling some gin in a water bottle.  And when my dad said the band sounded a little too country, she told him that there was no way.  Because then they'd have to change their name to Whisky Flowers.

And that's when I got the joke about bringing gin to the show.

It only took me three hours and a hot chocolate.  I'm just a bit slow.

2 comments:

Cowboy said...

Ah gawd, are those guys still kicking? I thought they went off and died in an elephant's boneyard a long time ago.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

So did I.