6.12.2007

Falling in Love in My Free Time

You may have noticed I took a few days off last week from the daily posting. Or not. I don't really know what you notice, but the stats say you keep coming back so something must be right. You might also be wondering what the hell I've been doing if not keeping you entertained during the Exxy Dark Period.

Answer: I was losing myself to a new vice and enjoying the shit out of it like you would not believe. At 29, I've discovered yet something new that gets me tingly all over my body, starting from my lips and going all the way down to my toes.

Tuesday night, Spanky gave me advice while I gave him alcohol. It's a nice payment system we have worked out: retainers via booze. As I swallowed it down slowly yet hungrily, I pleasured him with a story about the mistake that led to my infatuation with a tantalizing 18-year-old.

Cleverly, he asked what the mistake's name was. I simply flashed him that trademark
smile he so enjoys.

Wednesday night another lawyer, a little more forceful than the previous night's companion, introduced me to a 21-year-old he insisted I try. And in that first instant, it was all over. As I sat taking in more and more, I fell deeper and deeper into an obsession that will probably be the death of me.

I thought heaven was found in a double shot of chilled fine tequila. As it turns out, it's actually in a glass of
The Balvenie single malt scotch.

5 glasses later I was throwing back truffles with none of those pesky caffiene-induced
side effects that usually cramp my fun. So not only have I discovered the perfect alcohol, I've found the cure to my allergy: high-end scotch!

To quote someone smarter than me: I love scotch! Scotchy, scotch, scotch!

Now all I need is to cultivate a love for cigars and I might actually become the perfect woman.

Till then, all you get is little ol' me. Back from the dark.

Kinda.

10 comments:

David N. Scott said...

Heh, nice phrasing. :)

Cowboy said...

Good luck robbing the cradle. My wife is older than me... you gotta go young if you's a smart woman. Or so it would seem. Old dudes are old.

So hey, uh, busted... "I thought heaven was found in a double shot of chilled fine tequila" I thought only assholes shoot tequila. WTF GPG?

DrinkJack said...

Man you have high end tastes, but I would expect no less.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

David: aw, thanks. Thought you might appreciate it.

Jay: I'm not dating a younger man. Just drinking aged scotch. And I NEVER shoot my double shot of tequila. I savor it like a long, drawn out kiss.

Jack: But of course.

Dan said...

Mmm. I love that Portwood.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Isn't it amazing? I am seriously in love.

terence said...

just had some balvenie over the weekend. LOVE it!

Jeen Yes said...

two words: the. glenlivet. mmmm

LB said...

Here is goes down, down to my belly! I was singing that ALL day yesterday and I wasn't even able to read your post until today...something is wrong with my cmomputer at work. We are on the same wavelength girl!

I wish I enjoyed scotch as much as you...my boyfriend would REALLY love me then. I'm still working on the sipping chilled tequila thing...

The littlest Princess said...

Look I guess they didn't block it after all it was our stupid internets not playing nice. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!