9.07.2008

Morphing Into a Family Newsletter

It was a glorious weekend, by mere virtue of the fact that the football season finally kicked off and my baby brother was in town.  With his son, who we taught to throw his arms up whenever we yell touchdown. 

I also was at an alumni event to which we invited all the incoming students.  The first of who showed up was a grammar nazi.  She was awesome.

And the Saints won, so Monsieur was very happy.  It only took me 15 minutes to get down the 405 to watch the game, and that made me very happy.

But the funniest part of the weekend, was the fact that now my family members are sending me stories specifically to be posted on this here blog.  Apparently my mom took her three grandkids for a walk this morning, and as they were crossing the street, a woman attempted to run them down while she made a left turn.  Imagine this: a late-40s woman pushing a stroller with a 5 and 6 year old in tow.  And a bitch in a Honda impatiently nudging them with her bumper because--this is fantastic--she was late for church.

I really wish this story ended with my mother bitching the woman out.  But it doesn't.  She did, however, get to teach her grandchildren a bit about hypocrisy.  So I guess it wasn't all for naught.

0 comments: